Recommended to you
CBD Immune System: Boosting Your Immunity the Natural Way
Table of Contents
- What is the Immune System?
- How to boost your Immune System?
- Your one-stop-shop for CBD
- Good to Know
We at Alphagreen know how important it is to have a healthy immune system to achieve a healthy body. That is why we made a collection of high-quality CBD vitamins and adaptogens that can help you boost your immune system. With our busy schedules and many tasks to fulfil, many of us often forget to practice healthy habits such as having a proper diet, performing regular physical activity, regulating stress, and avoiding alcohol and cigarettes. These activities may lead to a weak immune system, making us prone to various infections and diseases.
To maintain a strong immunity, a proper immune response is required. This means that the cells responsible for protecting the body should protect against the foreign elements and not against self-proteins. To boost your immune system, aside from the consumption of healthy foods and performing exercises, you can also use supplements such as CBD, vitamins, and supplements that can support your overall health and general wellness.
What is the Immune System?
The immune system is an essential complex network made of different organs, proteins, and cells that protect the body from outside elements that may threaten our health. This includes viruses, bacterias, and microbes that may cause various infections. The immune system keeps the body healthy when it is suffering from stress and other diseases, so when there are irregularities or abnormalities in the immune system, it may result in allergic diseases, immunodeficiencies and autoimmune disorders.
The immune system has two main parts:
- Innate Immune System - This part of the immune system is active the moment someone is born. The innate immune system is the immediate and first line of defence of the body against various outside pathogens which may cause harm to our health. It is composed of physical, chemical and cellular defences, which respond to stop the spread of foreign invaders throughout the body. It is composed of cells such as natural killer cells, macrophages, neutrophils, dendritic cells, mast cells, basophils, and eosinophils.
- Acquired Immune System - This is also referred to as the adaptive immune system, which plays as the second line of defence of the body. This part of the immune system is the one that produces the antibodies to remember all the viruses and outside invaders that the body has been exposed to. The response of the acquired immune system may not be immediate, but it is highly specific and is sustained longer by the help of memory T cells and B lymphocytes.
How to boost your Immune System?
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid smoking.
- Drink moderately.
- Take supplements.
Here are some supplements that are beneficial to your immune system to keep it functioning at its best:
- Vitamin C- This vitamin is known to be one of the best vitamins to boost the immune system. It affects the cellular functions of both the innate and acquired immune system. Vitamin C also acts as a natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory cutting any viral and bacterial infections duration short.
- Vitamin D- Also known as the sunshine vitamin, is an immune system-strengthening nutrient. Maintaining a healthy vitamin D level is said to be beneficial by protecting the body from respiratory infections. Additionally, it enhances the functions of the T cells and macrophages that protects the body from harmful invaders.
- Probiotics- By supporting gut health, probiotics supplies good bacteria to the body, which affects the regulation of the immune system. According to a study, probiotics may help reduce the duration of certain respiratory infections.
- Mushrooms - Mushrooms such as Chaga, Shiitake, Lion's Mane, Maitake, Cordyceps, and Reishi are some of the medicinal mushrooms that have shown to boost immune function, improve cognition, and lower cancer risks.
- Ashwagandha- This adaptogen has been used as an ancient medicinal herb. It is believed to provide many beneficial effects to the body, including reducing cortisol levels, sugar levels, stress, and symptoms of depression. Furthermore, according to a study on the Indian Ayurvedic system of medicine, ashwagandha has the ability to improve cell-mediated immunity.
Your one-stop-shop for CBD
Alphagreen is your one-stop-shop for everything CBD, including vitamins and adaptogens that may help you boost your immune system. We pride ourselves on our carefully selected, top-shelf products from brands that produce high-quality products which are compliant with the Good Manufacturing Practices and are third-party laboratory tested. We are committed to providing effective solutions that will help you improve your health. From CBD products to vitamins and adaptogens, there is surely one in our marketplace for you.
We understand the importance of a healthy immune system which plays a big factor in keeping a healthy body. Despite our busy everyday lives, it is essential that we maintain a healthy diet and that we make sure that we have supplements that can help us boost our immune system to avoid developing diseases. We at Alphagreen advocate good health. That is why we have curated these top-shelf, high-quality CBD vitamins and adaptogens that can help you boost your immune system and improve your overall wellness.
Good to Know
Fever is an indication that there is an infection in the body that activates the immune system response. High body temperature is a less favourable environment for viruses and bacterias to thrive, which means by having a fever, it is trying to eliminate the microbe causing the infection. Additionally, according to the new findings of researchers from the University of Warwick in Coventry and the University of Manchester, higher body temperature activates the protein called Nuclear factor Kappa B (NF-κB) that switches the body’s immune response on and off when necessary.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is a cannabinoid found in hemp plants. According to scientific and anecdotal evidence, it has various positive effects on the body, such as pain-relieving properties, anti-inflammatory properties, and anxiolytic properties. It is also said to help in the management of sleep, stress, epileptic episodes, and it can potentially boost the immune system.
Can CBD boost my immune system?
According to a study, CBD may boost the immune system by inducing Treg17 cells, which provides defence against infections. While the effect of CBD can be biphasic, meaning it can be immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory. Because CBD can affect the endocannabinoid system, which regulates many body functions, including the immune system. It can suppress the immune system when it is overactive and boost it when underperforming.
What is the endocannabinoid system?
The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is a cell-signalling system that spreads all throughout the body. This wide system is said to interact with endocannabinoids, the molecules that bind to brain signalling receptors. The endocannabinoid system components are key regulators of many body functions, including sleep, mood, energy metabolism, and immune response.
What weakens the immune system?
While our immune system is designed to protect our body from infections, it can weaken by viruses and diseases and some of the things that we do, such as drinking alcohol, smoking, and improper diet.
Can CBD help fight Covid-19?
Although CBD is not established as a cure to Covid-19, the use of this cannabinoid may help control the virus causing the disease. According to the study entitled The Immunopathology of COVID-19 and the Cannabis Paradigm, it suggests that CBD has a controlling influence on ACE2, which is a protein that allows the virus to infect humans and the TMPRSS2, which is involved in the spread of Coronavirus.