We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, nd we don’t sell your information to others.
Return requests must be made within 30 days of receiving your products. You are responsible for the costs of returning an order.
- Vegan Friendly
- Ethically Sourced
- Forest friendly
- No Parabens / Sulfates
- THC Free
- Lab Tested
- Made in UK
Relief is a product that combines broad-spectrum CBD oil and a unique terpene blend that offers you an alternative option to pain-relief medicines. This THC-free oil was designed with the highest-quality ingredients to increase absorption rates and help you soothe pain faster. There are three different concentrations to try.
SKU Relief CBD Format Oil CBD Type Broad spectrum
How to Use
The oil can be used in food and drinks. However, the best way for the product’s fast absorption is to use it sublingually (under the tongue). CBD effects may vary depending on multiple factors including age, weight and metabolic rate. Effects typically come between 5-30 mins after application.
Shake well before use. Place the required amount of the product under your tongue and hold for at least 2 minutes to aid absorption.
Full-sized Relief comes in 10 ml bottles which contain approximately 200 drops.
We recommend starting small and gradually increasing the dosage. For the best results, administer Dr. Ed oils at regular intervals throughout the day. Don’t exceed a daily dose of 70mg.
СBD is a plant-based substance and can deteriorate and break down with age. It is useful to keep in mind the following storage rules:
- Keep CBD away from heat
- Keep CBD away from direct light
- Keep CBD away from air (preferably in the original closed container)
- Keep out of children’s reach.
- Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not exceed 70 mg CBD per day. Some reported side effects of cannabidiol include low blood pressure, dry mouth, lightheadedness, and drowsiness.
- Relief is a food supplement and is not intended to be used as a substitute for a varied diet. The product can’t be used as a medicine. We advise consulting with a doctor before trying any CBD products.
- The product is not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- We are aggregating verified product & brand reviews from a high number of sources including Trustpilot, Yotpo, Google Maps and many more.Review by
Save Over 20% When You Buy Another Product!
Relief is a product that combines broad-spectrum CBD oil and a unique terpene blend that offers you an alternative option to pain-relief medicines. This THC-free oil was designed with the highest-quality ingredients to increase absorption rates and help you soothe pain faster.
You can try this product in different concentrations:
- 250MG of CBD per 10ML (2.5%) – for CBD novices
- 500MG of CBD per 10ML (5%) – for CBD enthusiasts
- 1000MG of CBD per 10 ML (10%) – for CBD connoisseurs.
We recommend starting slow with 2.5% strength gradually moving to higher doses: 5% and 10% strength.
Since its inception in 2018, the UK brand Dr Ed. has been making products of unparalleled purity. Relief is a hemp-derived, THC-free CBD blend sourced from all-natural hemp directly from California. Unlike marijuana, hemp contains less than 0.3% THC, gives no "high" effect, and it’s legal in a lot of countries.
Dr. Ed adheres to food safety standards and closely regulates farmers that don’t apply pesticides in the cultivation process. Why is it important? Pesticides are intended to serve as plant protection from pests like insects, fungi, and a range of diseases. However, these chemicals are harmful to people’s health. Hemp oil can be rubbed on topically, consumed orally, or absorbed through the mucous membranes. If there’s any pesticide residue present in the oil, it will also be ingested. The conditions triggered by pesticides range from short-term effects like fatigue, nausea, dizziness, and headaches, to chronic impacts like endocrine disruption, reproductive harm, and even cancer.
Luckily, hemp doesn’t require the use of pesticides to grow and thrive. It requires little attention from farmers, once the crop is planted. This is all because of cannabinoids (natural chemical compounds found in hemp). They inhibit or kill bacteria, fungi, and insects.
What is CBD and how it works
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is one of the chemical compounds found in the plants of the cannabis family like hemp and marijuana. It is used to help in stress and pain relief, as well as anxiety management in products like oils, pills, and edibles. CBD influences our bodies through an Endocannabinoid System (ECS) every one of us has. CBD is a phytocannabinoid (natural cannabinoid) which has a similar structure to endocannabinoids found in our bodies. Phytocannabinoids and endocannabinoids have the same ability to interact with the ECS receptors scattered throughout the body.
The ECS’s primary function is to ensure homeostasis (ability to maintain a stable internal state despite changes outside) within the body. Homeostasis is crucial for a wide range of processes, including pain, stress, metabolism, mood, memory, appetite, sleep, immune and reproductive functions. When an Endocannabinoid System fails to perform, it triggers the progression of such dysfunctions as migraines, irritable bowel syndrome, fibromyalgia, anxiety, stress, inflammation, nausea, arthritis, and many more.
That’s when phytocannabinoids come into place. They replace missing endocannabinoids and restore homeostasis. CBD products are the primary suppliers of phytocannabinoids because they aren’t psychoactive and don’t have a negative effect on cognitive brain activity.
Relief is a 0% THC product which means it has no psychoactive effect on the brain. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO) research, any side effects occurring as a result of CBD use are not caused by the product itself but rather by drug-to-drug interactions between other medications a person might be taking and CBD.
Types of CBD
Three types of CBD include isolate, full-spectrum, and broad-spectrum.
CBD isolate is the clearest form of the cannabidiol because it is devoid of any other cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids.This type of CBD usually comes in powder or crystals and is added into products such as topicals and oils.
Full-spectrum CBD contains all naturally occurring compounds in the plant, that is 113 other cannabinoids, essential oils, and terpenes. All these compounds create the so-called “entourage effect” which helps to reveal CBD oil’s therapeutic effects to the fullest.
Broad-spectrum CBD is a blend of cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids from a cannabis plant specially selected for the product. Relief is a broad-spectrum distillate oil, which means it is clear from undesirable compounds from hemp and preserves only those that contribute to relaxation. Broad-spectrum distillate oil contains a range of cannabinoids with CBD playing the first violin and CBD, CBN, CBG, CBC and CBD-V building an ensemble.
All these cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids produce the “entourage effect” which enhances the benefits of CBD. For example, Dr. Ed tailored Relief’s phytochemical profile to help people relieve chronic and post-surgery pain.
Potential benefits of a broad-spectrum CBD oil also include anxiety and stress control, normalised sleep patterns, as well as pain relief.
- Anxiety and stress control. A few human studies support the potential of CBD to treat anxiety disorders, such as generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Normalised sleep patterns. If administered in small doses, CBD can stimulate alertness and reduce daytime sleepiness, which is essential for normal daytime performance and consistency of the sleep-wake cycle.
- Pain relief. A few studies have also demonstrated the potential of CBD as an alternative to pharmaceutical pain relievers. CBD also helps in reducing pain-induced sleeplessness. Instead of providing a sedative effect, CBD works with the symptoms themselves.
Why We Love It
- Unique terpene blends. Relief’s unique blend of terpenes provides a soft, naturally fresh taste that heightens the beneficial effects of CBD. The highest-quality ingredients increase CBD absorption rates which result in quick pain relief after a few drops.
- Organic and natural ingredients. Relief is 100% natural and free from artificial flavouring, colouring, and additives. All Dr. Ed’s ingredients are sourced from a collection of respected farmers who care about environmental protection and follow strict anti-pesticide policies.
Dr. Ed is one of the leading CBD experts in the UK. The company focuses on producing world-class CBD products of unparalleled purity, guarding consistency between batches and traceable ingredients. Dr. Ed uses precise mixing methods that ensure the concentration of CBD and other ingredients you see on the product labels is what you receive. Every customer is welcome to read full lab reports for every batch Dr. Ed creates and make the most informed decision about your purchases.
Dr. Ed has gained its reputation for delivering products that comply with the highest wellness standards. Here’s why we are happy to recommend this brand:
- Real credentials. Dr. Ed was founded in Manchester by a small group of practising neuroscientists and chemists who were ready to share a substantial depth of knowledge regarding phytocannabinoids and human health.
- Highest product quality. The company uses only premium quality ingredients and has one of the most advanced production facilities in the UK. This way, they ensure consistency between bottles.
- Sustainability. All the products are vegan, non-GMO, gluten-free and cruelty-free.
Medium Chain Triglycerides (coconut oil derived), Broad-spectrum distillate oil containing CBD, CBN, CBG, CBC and CBD-V, Unique Terpene Blend.
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT oil)
MCT oil is a coconut-derived oil consisting of saturated fatty acids. The fats are widely appreciated in the health and wellness industry for their ability to digest easily. Unlike other saturated fatty acids, MCTs are sent directly to your liver which makes them metabolised quickly. It means the acids are not stored in body fat. Since the body doesn’t have to break apart carbon bonds, these healthy fats are also absorbed more easily than longer-chain fats. Here are three major benefits of MCT oil for our health:
- Antimicrobial effect. In particular, medium-chain triglycerides have proved to have cytocidal (cell-killing) effect on Streptococcus species, Lactobacillus species, and Escherichia coli.
- Great energy source due to saturated fats.
- Weight management. MCT oil can be easily incorporated into a weight loss program without the risk of adversely affecting metabolic risk factors.
MCT oil and CBD is an effective combination because the latter is fat-soluble, which means it is most effective when taken with saturated fats. MCT oil helps CBD to reach the bloodstream faster. With the help of MCT oil, CBD can avoid the first-pass effect. It’s when CBD is deactivated by the liver, immediately after enteric absorption and before it reaches the systemic circulation.
Dr. Ed is clear and open about the ingredients in each of their products.
That’s why they use highly-reputable NextGEN360 analytical services to obtain a Certificate of Analysis (COA) on its products.
A COA is a document issued by an accredited laboratory that shows the quantity of various cannabinoids in a product. The certificate helps customers to identify dishonest manufacturers who don’t control the level of THC in their products, add less CBD than advertised and don’t control the presence of unnecessary compounds in the blends.
You can find all the certificates and laboratory reports on Dr. Ed’s website:
- CBD/THC COA. The certificate proves that the product is THC-free and shows the CBD/THC ratio.
- Full Cannabinoid COA. The certificate provides information about the quantity of all cannabinoids in the tincture.
- Food Safety Certificate. It provides third-party verification that all the products, processes or systems in the food supply chain meet world-accepted food safety standards.
- Heavy Metals Report. Cannabis plants are known as bio accumulators, which means they can absorb heavy metals from the soil. The report demonstrates that CBD products are devoid of these chemicals.