Cartuchos CBD para Vapear
Recommended to you
A Beginner’s Guide To CBD Cartridges
Table of Contents
- What is a Vape Cartridge?
- The Benefits of CBD Cartridges
- What Are The Downsides of CBD Cartridges?
- How To Use A CBD Cartridge
- Closing Thoughts
- CBD cartridges are one of the most convenient ways to get your daily CBD dose. Not only are they portable and functions, but they also offer one of the best bioavailability options on the market.
- CBD bioavailability is the amount and time it takes for the CBD to reach your system. CBD vaping allows the CBD to enter your lungs and diffuse directly into your bloodstream. It offers a maximum bioavailability of around 50% to 60%.
- There are some downsides to CBD cartridges, such as the higher price point, the hassle of charging a battery, and most importantly, the unknown long term health effects.
- To reduce the associated risks of vaping, only buy CBD from reputable suppliers. Ensure the vape cartridge has been lab-tested by an independent third party and has a valid certificate of analysis.
If you are searching for a convenient way to vape CBD, pre-loaded CBD cartridges stand way above other options. They are often referred to as vape carts or pre-loaded CBD oil vape cartridges, and they are quickly becoming the go-to product for those wanting an easy, portable, and functional vape option.
Like many CBD products, consumers are not short of options. When it comes to picking the best vape pen for you, many factors need to be considered. Having a basic understanding of the fundamental differences between the different disposable pens can help you make an educated decision. To the novice, many of these CBD cartridges look the same, but many nuances distinguish them.
In this article, we will give you a beginners introduction to CBD cartridges and what you should consider before making a purchase. After learning the basics, you will be able to make a confident decision when choosing the best CBD cartridge for you.
What is A Vape Cartridge?
Before we delve into the difference between various CBD cartridges, you may be wondering what exactly is a vape cartridge. To put it simply, a vape cartridge is a glass cartridge that has been pre-filled with CBD oil. The CBD oil contains various combinations of cannabinoids and terpenes which have been extracted from cannabis.
CBD cartridges contain trace or no amounts of the psychoactive compound THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). When vaping CBD oil, you will not experience any ‘high’ effects and instead enjoy potential overall supporting benefits associated with CBD. Many people are now turning to CBD vapes as a possible healthier alternative to smoking, but the scientific backing of this is still ongoing.
For the CBD to enter your system, a heating element warms the oil and releases the active ingredients into a fine mist that you inhaled. Cartridges are simple to use and typically come in a standard cylindrical design that contains three essential parts:
- Mouthpiece – This is located at the top of the cartridge. The mouthpiece is where you place your lips to draw in air and the CBD vapour.
- Chamber – This is the area that contains the pre-filled natural CBD oil that will become vapourised.
- Atomiser – This is the needed heat source that evaporates the CBD oil and allows for inhalation into the lungs.
The other crucial component of the vape setup is the rechargeable battery. The rechargeable batteries that screw into the cartridges are often sold separately, but some cartridge options come with a disposable battery already attached. The majority of cartridges are designed to fit a standard 510 threaded vape battery, but if you are ever unsure, Alphagreen is happy to help determine what you need when buying a cartridge.
The Benefits of CBD Cartridges
There are many benefits to using CBD cartridges over other CBD vaping options. People who enjoy vaping or are in need of a fast-acting method of receiving their CBD dose find pre-filled CBD cartridges one of the most convenient options available.
Here are some of the leading benefits associated with CBD cartridges:
- Easy to use – Pre-filled CBD vape cartridges remove the guesswork out of how best to use the product. Compared to other methods of using CBD oil, such as CBD oil via dropper or CBD topicals, CBD cartridges require little to no technique. You just press a button and inhale.
- Discreet and portable – CBD oil cartridges are one of the easiest methods of enjoying CBD while on the go. They can often have a sleek and minimalist design which allows for discreet CBD dosing. They are also free of the distracting features which some larger setups possess and they don’t produce a noticeable smoke or odour.
- Simple CBD dosing – For those who are new to CBD, the dosing side of things can be what causes the most confusion. Nobody wants an overwhelming experience when trying to find a new natural addition to their wellness routine. Using a pre-loaded CBD vape pen enables you to receive a highly controlled dose with each inhalation, giving you extra control over how little or how much CBD you consume.
- CBD Bioavailability – One of the significant benefits of CBD vape cartridges is the potential bioavailability. For CBD to take effect, it needs to be absorbed into your bloodstream. The amount and speed at which it takes to reach your system are referred to as bioavailability. During the vaporisation process, the CBD enters your lungs and diffuses directly into your bloodstream. Other oral methods require the CBD to pass through the gut and liver before making its way to the bloodstream. Through vaping, it avoids the first-pass effect altogether, allowing nearly four times as much CBD to enter your circulation. This gives a maximum bioavailability of around 50% to 60%.
With the positives of CBD vape, there are, unfortunately, some drawbacks. Along with the lack of scientific research into the potential long-term effects of vaping on our health, the convenience of CBD cartridges can also be expensive. In the next section, we will be discovering the negatives of CBD cartridges.
What Are The Downsides of CBD Cartridges?
While CBD vape cartridges are fantastic when it comes to portability, dosing, and ease of use, there are a few drawbacks. Compared to other CBD methods, it is potentially not the most healthy option, as there is still lots to be discovered about the overall consequence vaping has on our bodies. Here are some of the potential problems with CBD cartridges:
- The cost – Pre-filled CBD cartridges can be pretty pricey. As with all CBD products, the quality of the CBD oil and the dosage will have a massive impact on the cost. With this being said, due to the nature of inhaling the CBD vapour directly into your lungs, a top-quality CBD oil is probably best. Also, make sure it has been tested by an independent third-party laboratory and comes with a valid certificate of analysis.
- Battery life – This may seem trivial, but you would be surprised to hear how many people forget to charge their vape battery. Reaching for your CBD vape and then realising it has no battery is incredibly annoying and can be detrimental if using CBD as part of a holistic approach to wellness. It is a good idea to charge your vape battery each night before bed or have a backup on hand that’s fully charged. This will ensure the dead battery situation is avoided.
- Health risks – When vaping CBD, there are some potential health risks, and it is primarily down to using a low-quality product. If you use a low-cost CBD cartridge with no evidence of any safety precautions put in place during manufacturing, there is a risk of inhaling some nasty chemicals. Alphagreen only has high-quality CBD products tested by a third-party laboratory and has an accompanying certificate of analysis. Imitation products stocked by untrustworthy companies sometimes use harmful thinning agents. Pure CBD extract is usually too thick and viscous for vaporisers, so a thinning agent is used to treat the exact so it can be inhaled efficiently. Only buy CBD cartridges from safe and reputable providers. Any savings from a substandard product is not worth the potential health risk.
Many people find that even with the potential downsides to CBD cartridges, it is still the most suitable way for them to use CBD. Now that we have looked at the pros and cons of CBD cartridges, let's move to the practical side of things. How do you use a CBD cartridge?
How To Use A CBD Cartridge
Pre-filled CBD cartridges are the simplest way to vape CBD. The CBD cartridge you purchase may be slightly different to a vape pen you have used in the past, so be sure to read the user manual that comes with the product. If you already vape, transitioning to a CBD cartridge will be easy. Vaping CBD is essentially the same process as conventional vapes, but with the added CBD benefits.
Here are some beginner tips to get you started:
- Connect the cartridge to the battery. The standard is known as a 510 battery.
- If the device has a power button, click it the instructed number of times to turn it on (it is usually five times)
- Press the button while inhaling. It is best to start with small puffs, especially if you are new to CBD vaping.
- Wait 5-10 minutes between puffs and observe how the CBD affects you.
- Always start on a low dose and slowly work your way up to the optimal dose.
- Once you have got used to the CBD vape and dose, you can try taking more significant and frequent puffs if needed.
Now that you are aware of the basics to get you started, here are some pointers to remember when using CBD cartridges:
- The same button you use for turning it one is the same one that turns it off again.
- Make sure the CBD cartridge is entirely attached to the battery to avoid any CBD oil leakage.
- It is worth keeping your vape pen upright to prevent CBD oil waste.
- Remember to always buy CBD cartridges from a reputable provider, such as Alphagreen, to ensure you are using safe products.
Hopefully, you will now understand the basics of CBD cartridges. From looking at the pros and cons of this convenient CBD product, you can make you decide whether this is something you would like to try. Alphagreen is here to support you through your CBD journey and welcome any questions you may have about CBD and the products listed.
How long does a CBD vape cartridge last?
The length of time a CBD vape cartridge lasts entirely depends on the rate of consumption. Someone who only vapes occasionally will make their vape cartridge last much longer than a frequent vaper. The strength of CBD may also make a difference as some people prefer lower regular doses, whereas someone else may enjoy one higher daily dose. It all comes down to the individual.
How to refill a CBD cartridge?
While many vape cartridges may look the same, there can be some significant differences. So there are some CBD cartridges you can refill and some that you can’t. If you try to fill a cartridge that has not been designed to be reused, it can damage or prominently break them. If you are unsure if your CBD cartridge can be refilled, contact Alphagreen for support.
Why clean a vape pen?
Regular cleaning and maintenance of your CBD vape pen will improve the longevity of the device. Keeping it clean can enhance flavour production, improve the atomiser performance, and increase air circulation. It is recommended that the vape pen is cleaned at least once a week.
How to clean a vape cartridge?
Your chosen vape should come with product care instructions but as a general guide, wipe down the vape (especially the mouthpiece). Rinse out the chamber and sanitise it each time you insert a new CBD vape oil. You may want to consider investing in a carry case if you take the CBD vape out and about with it. It will help protect it from damage and keep it clean. Look after your vape. It will last a lot longer.
Is vaping CBD safe?
Due to the stringent laws around cannabis-derived products, scientific research is lacking when it comes to CBD. Many of the problems associated with CBD vapes are due to poor regulation and substandard CBD vape oil. To minimise any potential associated risks, only buy CBD from reputable retailers, ensure an independent third party has tested it, and a certificate of analysis.