- Vegan Friendly
- Ethically Sourced
- Forest friendly
- No Parabens / Sulfates
- THC Free
- Lab Tested
- Made in UK
Energy is a refreshing tonic that combines broad-spectrum CBD oil and a unique terpene blend that is designed to give you a boost of energy when you need it most. You can try this product in different concentrations:
- 250 milligrams of CBD per 10ML (2.5%) – for CBD novices
- 500 milligrams of CBD per 10ML (5%) – for CBD enthusiasts
- 1000 milligrams of CBD per 10ML (10%) – for CBD connoisseurs.
We recommend gradually increasing doses and starting slow with 2.5% strength and moving to 5% and 10% strength.
Manchester-based brand Dr. Ed has been making products of unparalleled purity since its inception in 2018. Energy is a THC-free, hemp-derived CBD blend sourced from all-natural hemp directly from California. Unlike marijuana, industrial hemp contains less than 0.3% THC, gives no "high" effect, and is legal in a lot of countries.
Dr. Ed adheres to world food safety standards and closely regulates farmers that don’t use pesticides in the cultivation process. Why is it important? Pesticides are intended to serve as plant protection from pests and a range of diseases. However, these chemicals are detrimental to people’s health. Hemp oil is rubbed on topically, consumed orally, or absorbed through the mucous membranes. If there’s any pesticide residue still present in the oil, it will also be ingested. The conditions triggered by pesticides range from short-term effects like fatigue, dizziness, nausea, and headaches, to chronic impacts like cancer, endocrine disruption, and reproductive harm
Luckily, industrial hemp doesn’t require the use of pesticides to grow and thrive. It requires little attention from farmers, once the crop is planted thanks to cannabinoids (natural chemical compounds found in hemp). They inhibit or kill insects, bacteria, and fungi.
What is CBD and how it works
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is a non-psychoactive component that is derived from the cannabis family plants like hemp and marijuana. It is used to help in stress and pain relief, gaining focus, enhancing energy, as well as anxiety management in products like edibles, oils, and pills. CBD influences our bodies through an Endocannabinoid System (ECS) present in every human and animal. CBD is a phytocannabinoid (phyto- means related to plants) which has a similar structure to endocannabinoids (endo- means inside) found in our bodies. Phytocannabinoids and endocannabinoids have the same ability to interact with the ECS receptors spread out throughout the body.
The ECS’s primary function is to establish and maintain homeostasis (ability to retain a stable internal state despite changes outside) within the body. Homeostasis is crucial for a wide range of processes, including immune and reproductive functions, pain, sleep, stress, metabolism, mood, memory, and appetite. When an Endocannabinoid System fails to operate, it triggers the progression of such dysfunctions as inflammation, migraines, irritable bowel syndrome, fibromyalgia, anxiety, stress, nausea, arthritis, and many more.
In this case, phytocannabinoids play their role. They replace missing endocannabinoids and restore homeostasis. CBD products are the primary suppliers of phytocannabinoids because they aren’t psychoactive and don’t have a negative effect on cognitive activity.
Energy is a zero-THC product which means it causes no psychoactive effect on the brain. What’s more, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO) research, side effects aren’t caused by CBD itself. They occur because of the drug-to-drug interactions between CBD and other medications a person might be taking.
Types of CBD
Three types of CBD include isolate, full-spectrum, and broad-spectrum.
CBD isolate is the clearest form of the cannabidiol, a crystalline solid or powder comprising pure CBD. This type of cannabidiol is added into products such as topicals and oils.
Full-spectrum CBD contains all 113 naturally occurring cannabinoids in a cannabis plant with essential oils and terpenes. All these compounds create the so-called “entourage effect” which helps to reveal the good of CBD to the fullest.
Broad-spectrum CBD is the middle ground option between the other two types. It is a blend of cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids from a cannabis plant specially selected for the product. Energy is a broad-spectrum distillate oil, which means it doesn’t contain undesirable compounds from hemp and preserves only those that contribute to an energy boost. Broad-spectrum distillate oil contains a range of cannabinoids with CBD being the most prominent compound and CBN, CBG, CBC and CBD-V playing second fiddle.
The “entourage effect” of all these cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids enhances the benefits of CBD. For example, Dr. Ed tailored Energy’s phytochemical profile to help people increase energy levels.
Potential benefits of a broad-spectrum CBD oil also include pain relief, anxiety and stress control, as well as normalised sleep patterns.
- Pain relief. A few studies have demonstrated the potential of CBD as an alternative to pharmaceutical pain blockers. CBD also helps in reducing pain-induced insomnia. CBD doesn’t merely provide a sedative effect but works directly with the symptoms.
- Anxiety and stress control. A few human studies support the potential of CBD to treat anxiety disorders, such as obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and social anxiety disorder.
- Normalised sleep patterns. CBD can stimulate alertness and reduce daytime sleepiness if administered in small doses. It is essential for normal daytime performance and consistency of the sleep-wake cycle.
Why use CBD for an energy boost
In 2014, Current Neuropharmacology published an article concluding that cannabidiol has potential effects to be considered a “wake-promoting agent.” Researchers from this study claimed that microinjections of CBD injected into the hypothalamus activated neurons, which lead to an enhancement in the dopamine levels and an increase in wakefulness.
What’s more, CBD has been suggested to possess antioxidative properties which keep molecules energised. Cannabidiol inhibits the degradation of endocannabinoids, especially anandamide called a “bliss molecule”. The latter is responsible for managing our moods.
|CBD Type||Broad spectrum|
|Testing lab||Next Gen 360|
|Ingredients||Coconut Oil, MCT Oil|
Why We Love It
- Unique terpene blends. Energy’s unique blend of terpenes provides a soft, naturally fresh taste that heightens the beneficial effects of CBD. The highest-quality ingredients increase CBD absorption rates which result in quick energy enhancement.
- Organic and natural ingredients. Energy is 100% natural and free from artificial flavouring, colouring, and additives. All Dr. Ed’s ingredients are sourced from a community of respected farmers who care about environmental protection and follow strict anti-pesticide and food safety policies.
Dr. Ed is one of the leading British CBD experts. The company focuses on producing world-class CBD products of unparalleled purity closely watching consistency between batches and traceable ingredients. Dr. Ed uses precise mixing methods that ensure that you get exactly what you see on the label. You are welcome to read full laboratory reports for every batch Dr. Ed creates and make informed decisions about your purchases.
Dr. Ed’s reputation rests on delivering products that comply with the highest food safety and wellness standards. Here are the reasons why we are happy to recommend this brand:
- Highest product quality. The company has one of the most advanced production facilities in Great Britain and uses only premium quality ingredients.
- Sustainability. All the tinctures and capsules are cruelty-free, vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free.
- Real credentials. Dr. Ed was founded in Manchester by a small group of neuroscientists and practising chemists who continue to share knowledge regarding phytocannabinoids and human health.
Energy contains broad-spectrum distillate oil including CBD, CBN, CBG, CBD-V and other cannabinoids, Medium Chain Triglycerides (coconut oil derived), and a Unique Terpene Blend.
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT oil)
Medium-chain triglycerides or MCT oil is a coconut-derived oil consisting of saturated fatty acids. This supplement is often added to smoothies, bulletproof coffee and salad dressings. MCT oil contains medium-length chains of fats called triglycerides. They are sent directly to your liver, quickly metabolised and don’t transform in body fat. Since the body doesn’t have to break apart carbon bonds, medium-length fats are also absorbed more easily than longer-chain fats. Here are three major benefits of MCT oil for our health:
- Antimicrobial effect. In particular, medium-chain triglycerides have proved to have a cytocidal (cell-killing) effect on Escherichia coli, Streptococcus species, and Lactobacillus species.
- Excellent energy source due to saturated fats. Since MCTs easily enter your cells without being broken down, they are dubbed as a super fuel that can be used as an immediate source of energy.
- Weight management. MCT oil has been shown to increase the release of two hormones that promote the feeling of fullness: leptin and peptide YY. The oil can be easily incorporated into a weight loss program because it promotes a lower rise of glucose level.
MCT oil and CBD is an effective combo because the latter is fat-soluble, which means it is most effective when taken with saturated fats. This oil helps CBD to reach the bloodstream faster. What’s more, with the help of MCT oil, CBD can avoid the first-pass effect. It’s when CBD is deactivated by the liver, immediately after getting absorbed and before it reaches the systemic circulation.
How to Use
Energy can be used in food and drinks. However, the fastest absorption can be reached by using it sublingually (under the tongue). CBD effects may vary depending on multiple factors, including metabolic rate, age, and weight. The product’s effect typically comes between 5-30 mins after application.
Instruction: Shake well before use. Place the required amount of Energy under your tongue and hold for at least 2 minutes to aid absorption.
Full-sized Energy comes in 10 ml bottles which contain approximately 200 drops.
We recommend starting small and gradually increasing the dosage. For the best results, administer Dr. Ed tinctures at regular intervals throughout the day. Don’t exceed a daily dose of 70mg.
СBD is a plant-based substance which has a tendency to deteriorate and break down with age. It is useful to keep in mind the following storage rules:
- Keep the product away from air (preferably in the original closed container)
- Keep the product away from heat
- Keep the product away from direct light
- Do not exceed 70 mg CBD per day. Some reported side effects of cannabidiol include drowsiness, low blood pressure, dry mouth, and lightheadedness.
- Keep out of children’s reach.
- Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- The product is not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Energy is a food supplement and is not intended to be used as a substitute for a varied diet. The product can’t be used as a medicine. We advise consulting with a doctor before trying any CBD products.
Dr. Ed is clear and open about the ingredients in their tinctures and capsules. That’s why they use highly-reputable NextGEN360 analytical services to obtain a Certificate of Analysis (COA) on its products.
A Certificate of Analysis is a document issued by an accredited laboratory that shows the quantity of various cannabinoids in a product. The certificate helps customers to identify crooked manufacturers who don’t control the level of THC in their products, add less CBD than advertised and don’t control the presence of harmful compounds in the blends.
The following certificates and laboratory reports can be found on Dr. Ed’s website:
- Food Safety Certificate. It provides third-party verification that all the systems, products, and processes in the food supply chain meet world-accepted food safety standards.
- Heavy Metals Report. Cannabis plants are known as bio accumulators, which means they can absorb heavy metals like lead and mercury from the soil. The report demonstrates that CBD products are devoid of these chemicals.
- CBD/THC COA. The certificate proves that the product contains 0% THC and shows the CBD/THC ratio.
- Full Cannabinoid COA. The certificate provides information about the quantity of all cannabinoids in the tonic.