We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, nd we don’t sell your information to others.
Return requests must be made within 30 days of receiving your products. You are responsible for the costs of returning an order.
- Vegan Friendly
- Ethically Sourced
- Forest friendly
- No Parabens / Sulfates
- THC Free
- Lab Tested
- Made in UK
Calm is the most popular Dr. Ed’s combination of a broad-spectrum CBD oil and a unique terpene blend. This THC-free oil is created to help you achieve peace of mind and bring balance to your life. There are three different concentrations to try.
SKU Dr. Ed Calm CBD Format Oil CBD Type Broad spectrum
How to Use
The oil is designed for sublingual (under the tongue) use but can be used in food and drinks. Sublingual use promotes the product’s fast absorption. CBD effects vary depending on multiple factors including age, weight and metabolic rate. Effects typically manifest between 5-30 mins after application.
- Shake well before use.
- Place the required number of drops under the tongue and hold for at least 2 minutes to aid absorption.
Dr. Ed’s 10 ml bottles contain approximately 200 drops.
Start small and gradually increase the dosage. For the best results, use Dr. Ed oils at regular intervals throughout the day. We advise that you don’t exceed a daily dose of 70mg.
СBD is a plant-based substance. Therefore, it can deteriorate and break down with age. It is essential to keep in mind the following rules:
- Keep CBD away from direct light
- Keep CBD away from heat
- Keep CBD away from air, preferable in the original closed container.
Do not exceed 70 mg of CBD/day. Some reported side effects of using cannabidiol include dry mouth, drowsiness, low blood pressure and lightheadedness.
- Keep out of children’s reach.
- Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Calm is a food supplement that is not intended to be used as a substitute for a varied diet. It is also not intended to be used as a medicine. We advise you to consult with a doctor prior to trying any CBD products.
- We are aggregating verified product & brand reviews from a high number of sources including Trustpilot, Yotpo, Google Maps and many more.Review by
Save Over 20% When You Buy Another Product!
Calm is the most popular Dr. Ed’s combination of a broad-spectrum CBD oil and a unique terpene blend. This THC-free oil was created to help you achieve peace of mind and bring balance to your life.
The product comes in three concentrations:
- 250MG of CBD per 10ML (2.5%)
- 500MG of CBD per 10ML (5%)
- 1000MG of CBD per 10 ML (10%)
Start with 2.5% strength if you are a CBD novice and switch to higher doses: 5% and 10% strength once you become acquainted with CBD.
Since its inception in 2018, Dr. Ed has been making tonics of unparalleled purity. Calm is a THC-free CBD blend produced in the UK. Yet, the company uses all-natural Hemp directly from California grown by closely regulated farmers that don’t apply pesticides.
Why is it important? Pesticides are intended to serve for plant protection from pests like fungi, insects, and diseases. However, they are harmful to people’s health. Hemp oil can be consumed orally, rubbed on topically, or absorbed through the mucous membranes. Any pesticide residue present will also be ingested. The conditions triggered by pesticides range from short-term effects like nausea, dizziness, fatigue and headaches, to more chronic impacts like reproductive harm, endocrine disruption, and cancer.
Luckily, hemp doesn’t require the use of pesticides to survive and thrive. Once the crop is planted, it requires little attention from farmers. Cannabinoids (natural chemical compounds found in hemp) inhibit or kill bacteria, fungi, and insects.
What is CBD and how does it work?
CBD (cannabidiol) is a chemical compound found in the plants of the cannabis family. It is used in products like oils, pills, and edibles to help in stress and pain relief, as well as anxiety management. CBD’s magic is in the ability to influence our Endocannabinoid System (ECS). CBD is a phytocannabinoid (cannabinoid from nature) which has a similar structure to endocannabinoids found in our bodies. Phytocannabinoids have the same ability to and interact with the ECS receptors as endocannabinoids do.
The ECS’s key function is to maintain homeostasis within the body at all times. It is involved in a wide range of processes such as pain, mood, memory, appetite, stress, metabolism, sleep, immune and reproductive functions. When the ECS fails to perform, it triggers the progression of such dysfunctions as migraines, irritable bowel syndrome, fibromyalgia, anxiety, stress, inflammation, nausea, arthritis, and many more.
That’s when phytocannabinoids come to the rescue. The replenish endocannabinoids and restore homeostasis. CBD is considered to be the primary supplier of phytocannabinoids because it has no psychoactive properties and doesn’t have a negative effect on cognitive brain activity.
Calm is a 0% THC product which means it has no psychoactive effect on the brain. In 2017, The World Health Organisation (WHO) had conducted research which suggests that side effects occurring as a result of CBD use are highly likely to be caused by drug-to-drug interactions between CBD and other conventional medications a person might be taking.
Types of CBD
There are three main types of CBD: isolate, full-spectrum, and broad-spectrum.
CBD isolate is the purest form of the cannabidiol because it doesn’t contain any other cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. It usually comes in powder or crystals and is added into products such as topicals and oils.
Full-spectrum CBD contains all compounds that naturally occur in the hemp plant, including 113 other cannabinoids, terpenes, and essential oils. All these compounds create the so-called “entourage effect”. They interact with the body and help to reveal CBD oil’s therapeutic effects to the fullest.
Broad-spectrum CBD is a unique blend of specially selected cannabinoids, flavonoids, and terpenes from the plant. Calm is a broad-spectrum distillate oil, which means it is devoid of the undesirable compounds from hemp, leaving only those that contribute to relaxation. Broad-spectrum distillate oil contains a range of cannabinoids with CBD playing the first violin and CBD, CBG, CBN, CBD-V and other cannabinoids building an ensemble.
Multiple cannabinoids and terpenes produce the “entourage effect” which enhances the benefits of CBD. For example, Dr. Ed tailored Calm’s phytochemical profile to help people reduce stress, anxiety and manage their sleep.
Potential benefits attributed to a broad-spectrum CBD oil include anxiety and stress control, normalised sleep patterns and pain relief.
- Anxiety and stress control. A few human studies support the potential for CBD as a treatment for anxiety disorders, such as panic disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Pain relief. A few studies have also revealed the potential of CBD as an alternative to pharmaceutical pain relievers. CBD also helps reduce pain-induced sleeplessness. It works on the symptoms themselves rather than provides a sedative effect.
- Normalised sleep patterns. In small doses, CBD stimulates alertness and reduces daytime sleepiness, which is essential for normal daytime performance and consistency of the sleep-wake cycle.
Why We Love It
- Unique terpene blends. Calm’s unique blend of terpenes provides a delicious, naturally fresh taste that heightens the beneficial effects of CBD. The result is a quick relaxation effect after a few drops.
- Organic and natural ingredients. Calm is 100% natural and free from artificial colouring, flavouring and additives. Dr. Ed’s ingredients are sourced from a collection of respected farmers with a focus on environmental protection and strict anti-pesticide policy.
Dr. Ed is one of the leading CBD experts in the UK, focusing on producing world-class CBD products of unparalleled purity, guarding consistency between batches and traceable ingredients. Their precise mixing methods ensure the concentration of CBD and other ingredients you see on Dr. Ed’s product labels is what you receive. To make sure the company meets all quality standards, they provide full lab reports for every batch they create so customers can make the most informed decision about your purchases.
Dr. Ed has gained its reputation for creating products that comply with the highest wellness standards. Here’s why Alphagreen is happy to onboard the brand:
- Highest product quality. The company uses premium quality ingredients and has one of the most advanced production facilities in the UK. It ensures consistency between bottles.
- Real credentials. Dr. Ed was founded in Manchester by a small group of practising neuroscientists and chemists with a substantial depth of knowledge regarding phytocannabinoids and human health.
- Sustainability. The products are all non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free and cruelty-free.
The full ingredients list includes Medium Chain Triglycerides (coconut oil derived), Broad-spectrum distillate oil containing (CBD, CBG, CBN, CBD-V and other cannabinoids), Unique Terpene Blend.
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT oil)
MCT coconut-derived oil consists of saturated fatty acids. They are widely appreciated in health and wellness supplements for their ability to digest more easily. Unlike many saturated fatty acids, MCTs are sent directly to your liver and metabolised quickly. This way, they are not stored in body fat. These healthy fats are absorbed more easily than longer-chain fats since the body has to do less work breaking apart carbon bonds.
Here are the major benefits of MCT oil for our health:
- Serves as an energy source due to saturated fats.
- Has antimicrobial effects. In particular, medium-chain triglycerides have proved its cytocidal effect on Streptococcus species, Lactobacillus species, and Escherichia coli.
- Can help manage weight. MCT oil can be incorporated into a weight loss program without the risk of adversely affecting metabolic risk factors.
MCT oil is teaming up with CBD because the latter is fat-soluble, which means it is most effective when taken with saturated fats. MCT oil helps CBD to reach the bloodstream. CBD can avoid the first-pass effect when CBD is deactivated by the liver, immediately after enteric absorption and before it reaches the systemic circulation.
Dr. Ed is clear and open about the ingredients in their products.
That’s why they use highly-reputable NextGEN360 analytical services to get a Certificate of Analysis (COA) on its products. It is a document given by an accredited laboratory that shows the quantity of various cannabinoids in a product. COA helps customers to identify dishonest manufacturers who don’t control the level of THC in their products or add less CBD than advertised.
You can find all the lab reports and certificates on Dr.Ed’s website:
- Full Cannabinoid COA. The report provides information about the quantity of all cannabinoids in the tincture.
- CBD/THC COA. The report shows CBD/THC ratio and proves that the product is THC-free.
- Heavy Metals Report. Cannabis plants are bioaccumulators, which means they can absorb heavy metals from the soil. The report demonstrates that CBD products are clean.
- Food Safety Certificate. It provides a third-party verification that products, processes or systems in the food supply chain meet accepted food safety standards.