- Special Price £39.99 Regular Price £101.21
For any athlete looking to increase performance and to recover after intense physical activity, there's a new supplement on the market that provides unique benefits for sportsmen.
The CBD relevance and demand among professional athletes have recently become a popular topic, mostly due to the decision of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), to exclude cannabidiol from a banned compound list.
If you are searching for a safe and organic way to treat pain, feel calmer and sleep better, CBD oil could be the supplement you have been looking for. CBD-based protein powders, balms and lotions are the latest recovery remedies for athletes while meeting rules and regulations.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring botanical chemical derived from the Cannabis sativa plant. It's an active and non-addictive compound, which belongs to a particular class of components. There are more than 100 cannabinoids found in the hemp plant, and most of them are beneficial for medicine and health improvement.
Also, cannabidiol doesn't have psychoactive properties and doesn't produce euphoric effects or any form of intoxication, which is usually caused by another chemical, known as Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
How Does It Work?
Similar to how vitamins are taken to support the immune system, CBD can be used to boost the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS is the central regulatory system of the organism, which contains receptors to balance the immune system and central nervous system. Furthermore, the ECS influences physiological and cognitive effects of physical exercise.
The ECS consists of two primary receptors, CB1 and CB2. CB1 receptors are concentrated both in the brain and central nervous system, while the CB2 receptors are mostly found in the immune system. These receptors impact many functions in the body, such as sleep, thinking, and appetite.
Our body produces naturally small amounts of cannabinoids to pass through CB1 and CB2 receptors and maintain a healthy balance. However, an organism needs more cannabinoids than it can make. CBD can help ECS produce more of its cannabinoids to regulate body processes and support health condition.
CBD consumption influences vanilloid receptors that are responsible for pain regulation, adenosine, that also affect pain root and sleep cycle, and serotonin level that reduces stress and anxiety.
Forms Of CBD
Nowadays, there is a vast range of CBD infused products able to fulfil athletes' needs — pills, syrups, balms, lotions and even food products.
The choice of a particular item is based on individual preferences and the severity of illnesses. Let's draw attention to the types of CBD products for sportsmen:
- CBD Edibles. Candies, gummies, chocolate, or cookies - every person will find his preferred food or a snack. Also, there is vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free product selection that has a clean composition and still contain useful CBD components. As for athletes, the CBD market offers specially designed CBD based items such as protein bars and powders;
- CBD Vape Pens and Juices. Inhale oil or juice using a vaporiser or vape pens to experience the instant effect of cannabidiol benefits. Also, you can purchase vaping devices with a refillable tank and pod or use disposable CBD vape pens to provide pain relief without a big commitment. Keep in mind: prolonged vaping may adversely affect lung function;
- CBD Capsules and Tablets. Capsules help to deliver the necessary daily amount of CBD to the body and provide slower-releasing and longer-lasting effect. They don't have any specific flavour or odour and can be discreetly taken without people wondering why you place a dropper with oil in your mouth;
- CBD Oils and Tinctures. A couple of oil drops under your tongue help to experience CBD advantages. Such liquids work as great food supplements in addition to meals and beverages of your choice. Also, you can cook desserts or your favourite recipes with oil;
- CBD Creams and Balms. One of the most effective and simple methods for external skin-related use. It's designed for direct application on targeted areas to heal wounds and ease pain in muscles.
Also, CBD based products come in muscle rubs, sprays, pastes, teas, and more. It's recommended to try out different methods to find the most efficient and suitable for your organism.
Does CBD Affect Athletic Performance?
Cannabidiol is becoming more commonly used in the sport thanks to its usefulness, purity and safety. Sportsmen usually consume CBD to unwind, restore energy and increase their performance. Furthermore, CBD oil can be useful in the following cases:
- Intense physical activities and training sessions on a regular basis cause constant pain in athletes' bodies. Sportsmen usually face wounds, sores, musculoskeletal injuries and stiff joints. Cannabidiol manages aches as well as aids chronic pain;
- Pre-game jitters, anxiety, or a depressed mood may negatively impact athletic prowess, especially during a competition. CBD relieve symptoms of certain forms of anxiety, mood swings and insomnia/hypersomnia. Also, regular CBD intake regulates sleep quality and ensures a calmer mindset and general well-being;
- Small and large intestinal inflammation, gastrointestinal disturbances or other gut problems are widespread for athletes. CBD promotes gut health and less discomfort for sportsmen;
- Extreme inflammation inhibits muscle recovery and leads to severe pain. Due to anti-inflammatory properties of CBD oil, cytokine amount is reducing, which helps to decrease inflammation and ensure faster healing
Is CBD Legal For Athletes?
CBD is a permitted treatment in sports to relieve pain and maintain an active lifestyle. From the beginning of 2018, the World Anti-Doping Agency approved cannabidiol use in or out of the competition. Professional athletes are allowed to consume CBD infused products without risks of penalties or being excluded from the sports contest.
However, each sportsman should always check what CBD product he is purchasing. CBD is the only compound that is legal by WADA. If a product includes other cannabinoids that are not permitted, such as THC, they may be detected during drug testing.
For any customer it may seem like a hard challenge to find quality, high strength CBD products that contain all the beneficial ingredients while having limited traces of THC component. Many dishonest brands sell CBD products and try to claim THC-free composition, but tests by third-party laboratories show the contrary.
FourFiveCBD is an answer for athletes and any person that wants to experience CBD benefits and improve health while having reassurance of CBD products being safe, legal and valid for treatment.
FourFiveCBD - Rest. Recover. Rise
FourFive CBD is a UK's leading active CBD brand, which was founded in January 2018 by international rugby players Dom Day and George Kruis.
Dom Day played professionally for 15 years with more than 250 top-flight games. Starting in Wales, his rugby career allowed him to travel to many countries such as England, Japan and Australia. Dom played successfully for English Premiership club Saracens, Wales national side throughout the 2015/16 season, including playing in the 2015 World cup. In November 2019, Dom officially announced his retirement from rugby.
George Kruis is a seasoned international and British Lion. He has been playing professional rugby for 10 years with more than 150 appearances for Saracens winning 2 European titles and 3 Premiership trophies.
Both founders have massive experience in professional sport, which brought them to the surgeon's knife 12 times. Constant training through pain and injury has encouraged these sportsmen to find a solution.
CBD became a part of the daily routine in their rugby careers. It helps Dom and George maintain a healthy lifestyle during the highs and lows of his professional journey.
CBD has had a positive and beneficial effect on players well-being. Eventually, they decided to develop a product that could do the same for others.
Now they aim to spread the word about the CBD advantages as founders of FourFive. The brand offers high-grade CBD products specifically designed to help athletes support an active lifestyle and experience the benefits of CBD in sports recovery. The FourFive company is always looking for the best methods, going above and beyond to create the safest products for their customers.
What Makes FourFiveCBD Different?
FourFiveCBD founders as professional athletes know exactly how important it is to watch what sportsmen put in their bodies. That's why the company lab tests each batch with the gold-standard testing to verify there is no THC or banned substance in the products.
- Special composition. FourFive extracts CBD using the CO2 method and mixes it with coconut oil. Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides, which can help to increase sports performance, cognitive ability and weight control. This component is quickly processed by the body and works as a great carrier for CBD production.
- Safety and harmlessness. All ingredients in products are 100% natural, herbicide & pesticide-free, vegan and vegetarian-friendly.
- Truthful label. At FourFiveCBD, all products are third-party tested and certified by Banned Substance Control Group to ensure they contain less than 0.2% of THC compound. That's why professional athletes endorsed FourFive products knowing with peace of mind that they use the safest treatment and enjoy all the CBD benefits.
- Variety of products. Products are classed as lower, medium and higher strength to help customers easily navigate the range. Also, Four Five - is the first CBD brand in the UK to infuse capsules with inulin, which regulates blood sugar levels, provides better digestion and removes cholesterol.
- Different flavours. For some consumers, a taste of CBD may be unpleasant, which may be tough for intake. CBD oils from FourFive are available in two options: with natural and orange flavour. Orange flavoured oil may be a suitable option for people that don't like an earthy taste of CBD.
- Free shipping. On all UK orders over £50, the company offers free next day delivery. Currently, all FourFiveCBD products can be delivered to the U.K and Ireland.
Who Is FourFiveCBD For?
Many athletes from different sports all over the world use FourFive products to achieve optimum performance and recovery. FourFive is designed for athletes by athletes and supports the clean sport. The brand provides tested sportsmen with safe CBD products that are batch tested for zero THC and the cross-contamination of banned substances.
FourFiveCBD items are a useful treatment, which can be beneficial for the following group of people:
- Any professional athlete that wants to experience the CBD benefits with clarity of product composition yet without risks for his career;
- Each person willing to get the best from his body and mind while choosing a brand that is trusted by top sportsmen;
- Busy people with intense work schedules that are looking for an effective supplement to unwind after a stressful day;
- Patients that are suffering from physical and mental disorders such as joint pain, chronic aches, anxiety, depression, etc.;
- People that aren't professional sportsmen, but still struggling with pain during recovery and searching for a natural painkiller.
FourFive Products’ Range
FourFiveCBD has a huge range of products, including capsules, oils and muscle rubs so that every customer will find the best option. For production, FourFive uses plants that are grown without the use of any pesticides, herbicides, artificial fertilisers or harmful chemicals. Also, such a pure and natural composition makes products risk-free for vegan and vegetarian.
The whole range is made with 100% natural ingredients, and the process of CO2 extraction means the highest nutritional value is packed into every drop of FourFiveCBD.
- FourFiveCBD 0% THC CBD Oil. FourFive CBD oil is THC-free and quickly absorbed liquid designed for active people. The product has a unique CBD oil formula with 0% THC, which is a perfect solution for athletes and other drug-tested professionals. FourFiveCBD oil has been tested by the BSCG and approved for sportsmen consumption. BSCG certification proves that oil is safe CBD infused product that can be taken by athletes without the risk to fail a test.
- FourFiveCBD CBD Capsules. CBD capsules is a great option for customers that want to experience the CBD benefits for a prolonged period and achieve better and healthier living. The capsules are organically produced and contain full-spectrum of CBD components. CBD based capsules have a compact packaging and convenient form that makes it easier to travel with. The product can be consumed anytime: either before work or in a moment when you need to be healthy and active.
- ForFiveCBD CBD Capsules. FourFiveCBD capsules is an excellent product to start your CBD experience. FourFive CBD capsules are created for active people willing to maintain a balanced level of CBD in an organism throughout the day. Each FourFiveCBD capsule contains vegetable-based inulin powder and high-quality hemp extract. Capsules are easy to consume and exclude CBD dose calculation you need to take. This product is a natural supplement that includes CBD and can easily be added to your existing routine and balanced diet.
- FourFiveCBD CBD Balm. The balm is a must-have, fully organic product for people leading an active lifestyle. The balm is intended for topical application, can be easily applied and is quickly absorbed. FourFiveCBD balm is produced to soothe, hydrate, and protect skin from harmful environmental factors. The product contains a mixture of natural oils and CBD isolate, which can be used for various skin conditions. CBD balm relieves aches and pains of different origin, helps with joint and muscle soreness, spasms, and neuropathic pain.
- FourFiveCBD CBD Muscle Rub. FourFiveCBD CBD muscle rub is an organic product, which is designed for topical application and certified by Banned Substance Control Group. FourFiveCBD muscle rub is easy to apply and quickly absorbed. The rub contains menthol to create a refreshing, soothing effect and enhance the power of CBD. It helps to treat inflammation, soreness, general aches and pains, recover muscles after a workout. The CBD muscle rub by FourFiveCBD combines hand-blended organic elements and special active agents that make the product entirely suitable for all skin types.